"Well Erin....I'm really getting tired of watching Garcia out there"

Sunday, July 25, 2010

FRANK WREN - Please get rid of Nate McLouth!

Let me just start by saying that although I am not the biggest baseball fan, I do LOVE the Atlanta Braves. And with this being Bobby Cox's last hurrah, I am extra glued into every game they play. However, today's loss against the Marlins really put me in a bad mood.

Unfortunately, I could not watch the game because I am currently on a road trip in North Carolina visiting family and going to the beach. However, my cousin and great friend William called me to update me with the terrible news. Nate McLouth was up with the bases loaded in the top of the 11th inning and one out. What did he do? Grounded into a freakin' double play! Now, I understand that baseball is a game of failure. The best hitters in the game only get a hit around 30% of the time (or somewhere around there). I also understand that all players go through slumps. But unfortunately for Nate, this year has been one big entire slump.
Lets take a look at his stats....

He has played in 61 games this year, is batting .169 with only 14 RBI. He only has 31 total hits on the season!

My friend William told me today that he would rather have Tim Hudson up to the plate than Nate McLouth. At first, I thought this was a little harsh. However, after I got off the phone I looked up Tim Hudson's plate statistics this year and saw that he was batting .261. Almost .100 points better than Nate McLouth's average! Although Hudson only plays every 5th day, there is no excuse for McLouth to be hitting almost .100 points below a pitcher.

If the Braves keep McLouth in the lineup, I fear that he will keep coming to the plate in key situations and continue to not produce. So Frank Wren, for the sake of Bobby Cox and my friend William, (who is a much bigger Braves fan than me) please take Nate McLouth out of the lineup so that the Braves can hold on to the NL East Division lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment